The Fraser Coast Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Fraser Coast Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing frasercoast.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Fraser Coast for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in The Fraser Coast?
The Fraser Coast Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in Fraser Coast, Queensland
Fraser Coast, located in the eastern coast of Queensland, is known for its rich cultural heritage and historical landmarks. The region is home to various museums, galleries, and historical sites that showcase the significance of the area's past.
To help you plan your itinerary, we have categorized and listed some of the must-see cultural destinations in Fraser Coast.
1. Maryborough Art Gallery - This exquisite art gallery is a popular destination for art enthusiasts in the region. Located on Kent Street, Maryborough, the gallery features a diverse collection of paintings, sculptures and other art pieces created by regional and national artists.
2. Hervey Bay Art Gallery - This art gallery is located on Main Street, Hervey Bay. It houses a wide range of artwork from both established and emerging artists of the region. The gallery also hosts art exhibitions and workshops, providing an opportunity for visitors to engage with the local art scene.
3. Burrum Heads Art Gallery - This charming art gallery is located on Burrum Heads Road, Burrum Heads. The gallery features an eclectic collection of artwork, including paintings, pottery, and sculptures created by local artists.
1. Maryborough Military and Colonial Museum - This museum is situated on Wharf Street, Maryborough. It displays a remarkable collection of artefacts and memorabilia related to the military and colonial history of the region. Visitors can explore the well-preserved colonial buildings and learn about the soldiers and settlers who shaped the area.
2. Fraser Coast Discovery Sphere - This museum is located on Main Street, Hervey Bay. It features interactive exhibits that illustrate the natural history and marine life of the area. Visitors can also learn about the region's Indigenous culture and history, including the Butchulla people who were the traditional custodians of the land.
3. Hervey Bay Historical Village and Museum - This museum is situated on Zephyr Street, Scarness. It is a living history museum that faithfully re-creates life in the region during the 19th and 20th centuries. The museum features more than 25 original and replica buildings, including a blacksmith shop, schoolhouse, and railway station.
1. Maryborough Heritage Trail - This self-guided trail takes visitors on a journey through Maryborough's history, showcasing the various architectural styles that have shaped the area. The trail includes more than 40 buildings, such as the Customs House, Post Office, and Bond Store.
2. Old Township of Howard - This historic township is located approximately 40 km from Hervey Bay. It features a restored pioneer cottage, blacksmith shop, and schoolhouse, providing visitors with an excellent opportunity to glimpse into the past.
3. Point Vernon Heritage Trail - This scenic trail showcases the maritime and Indigenous heritage of Point Vernon. It includes various landmarks such as the Gatakers Bay Lighthouse, the site of a former Indigenous camp, and Herries Private Cemetery.
Fraser Coast is a treasure trove of culture and history. The region's galleries, museums, and historical venues allow visitors to experience and learn more about the area's significance in shaping Australia's cultural heritage.
The Fraser Coast Galleries and Museums Articles